Summer Chicken Alfredo
- 1/2 12 - ounce package pretrimmed fresh green beans
- 1/2 9 - ounce package refrigerated 100 % whole wheat linguine (such as Buitoni brand)
- 1 small yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 small skinless, boneless chicken breast half (4 ounces), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 10 - ounce container (1/2 cup) refrigerated Italian cheese and herb-flavor cream cheese sauce for cooking (such as Philadelphia brand)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Cracked black pepper
- Gratde parmesan cheese
- In a 4-quart pot, cook green beans in boiling water for 6 minutes, adding the pasta and squash for the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain and return to hot pot.
- Meanwhile, lightly coat a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Preheat skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low. Add cream cheese sauce and milk. Cook and stir just until heated through.
- Add chicken mixture to cooked linguine mixture; toss to coat. Divide linguine mixture among two serving plates. Sprinkle with pepper and grated parmeson cheese. Makes 2 servings (2 cups per serving)