Snapper with Tomato-Caper Topping
If snapper is unavailable, halibut, sea bass, redfish, or pompano will also work well in this recipe.
- 2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) snapper or grouper fillets (about 3/4 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
1). Preheat oven to 450º.
2). Combine first 6 ingredients and crushed red pepper, if desired; set aside.
3). Place snapper on a broiler pan lined with aluminum foil; coat foil with cooking spray. Sprinkle snapper with paprika; coat with cooking spray. Bake at 450º for 10 minutes.
4). Top snapper with tomato mixture; bake 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Sprinkle with parsley, and serve with lemon wedges.