· 1 1/2 pounds fresh or frozen jumbo shrimp
· 1/3 cup olive oil
· 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
· 1/4 cup lemon juice
· 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley and 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
· 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
· 2 green onions, sliced
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact if desired. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, lemon peel, lemon juice, thyme and parsley. Set aside half of the oil mixture. Toss shrimp with the remaining oil mixture. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes (do not marinate any longer).
- Drain shrimp, discarding marinade. Thread shrimp onto eight 8-inch skewers.*
- For a charcoal grill, place skewers on the grill rack directly over medium coals. Cover and grill for 4 to 6 minutes or until shrimp are opaque, turning once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place skewers on grill rack over heat. Grill as above.)
Transfer shrimp to a serving dish. Drizzle with the reserved oil mixture. Serve with cherry tomatoes and green onions.
*If you are using wood sskweres and not metal, make sure to soak them in enough water to cover them for 30 minutes.