Roasted Cauliflower Rice
Prep – 20 Minutes
Cook – 27 minutes
Cauliflower rice is a great low-calorie dish to have in your arsenal especially if you are eating low-carb. Super low in carbs, yet such a satisfying dish you will forget it's made from a vegetable and not a grain.
2 Heads of Cauliflower
1 ½ Tablespoon of Avocado Oil
¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line 3 baking sheets with aluminum foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Fill a food processor 1/4 of the way with cauliflower pieces. Pulse 8 to 12 times until cauliflower is the size of rice grains. Transfer to a large bowl. Repeat with remaining cauliflower pieces.
- Drizzle avocado oil over cauliflower "rice"; toss until well-distributed.
- Spread 2 1/2 cups of the rice in an even layer on each lined baking sheet.
- Roast rice until golden, about 16 minutes. Remove from oven, stir well, and spread out again. Return to oven and roast for 6 minutes. Remove from oven, stir well, and spread out again. Continue roasting until browned, about 5 minutes more.
- Season each sheet of roasted rice with 1/4 teaspoon salt and place in a large container.
- You can absolutely do this with just 2/3 a raw cauliflower (that would be about 1 batch). I always make a lot of this and freeze some as it can be a big staple - super low-calorie, delicious, and healthy.