· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 1 medium onion, finely chopped
· 3 garlic cloves, minced
· 1 teaspoon dried oregano
· 1/2 teaspoon pepper
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
· ¼ cup minced Kalamata olives
· 1/4 cup white wine, optional
· 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
· 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and seasonings; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes and olives and, if desired, wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-7 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add shrimp and parsley; cook 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese. Let stand, covered, until cheese is softened. Yield: 4 servings.
- Using the wine is highly recommended as it gives the dish and elevated level of flavors.