Mediterranean Couscous Salad
- 10 ounces uncooked couscous
- ½ bottle of Girard’s Greek Feta Vinaigrette
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 can of unpitted black olives
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1-2 cups of halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 6 leaves lettuce
- 6 slices lemon
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1 3/4 cup water to a boil. Stir in couscous; cover. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine vinaigrette, salt and pepper. Stir in cucumber, black olives, cherry tomatoes, green onion, parsley, basil and couscous. Mix well and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Line a plate with lettuce leaves. Spoon couscous mixture over leaves and garnish with lemon wedges.