- 8 ounces whole-wheat elbow macaroni (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 scallions chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- 1 ripe medium avocado
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- Cook macaroni in a large pot of boiling water according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water; drain again. Transfer to a large bowl. Add bell pepper, celery, scallions and parsley (or cilantro).
- Halve avocado, remove pit and scoop flesh into a mini food processor. Add mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, dried garlic and pepper. Process until smooth. Add the avocado dressing to the large bowl with the macaroni salad and stir until well coated. This recipe can be made one day ahead and refrigerated.