Low Fat Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/4 cup unsalted butter (softened)
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
1 large egg white
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars together with an electric mixer until creamy. Add egg white and vanilla and mix until well blended.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder. Gradually add the flour mixture to the egg and sugar, mixing between each addition with the electric mixer on low speed. Remove bowl from mixer and use a wooden spoon to work the dough together. Don’t worry if the dough seems a little crumbly at first. Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop cookie dough by the teaspoonful onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on the cookie sheet for 1 minute, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Per Serving: Calories 65, Calories from Fat 21, Total Fat 2.3g (sat 1.8g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 44mg, Carbohydrate 10.3g, Fiber 0.5g, Protein 0.7g