- 1 1/4 pounds tiny red, golden, and/or purple new potatoes, halved or quartered
- 6 cups torn fresh kale
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1/2 cup finely snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt or regular salt
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- Place potatoes in a 4-quart Dutch oven or large pot. Add enough cold water tothe pot to cover potatoes by 5 inches. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 12 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender but not falling apart.
- Add kale to potatoes in Dutch oven. Stir and cook 30 seconds; drain. Return potatoes and kale to the Dutch oven. Cook, uncovered, over low heat 3 to 4 minutes to evaporate excess moisture, stirring gently. Remove from heat; cool completely.
- In a large bowl whisk together onion, parsley, vinegar, sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard, pepper, celery seeds, and celery salt. Fold chopped egg into sour cream mixture. Fold in potato-kale mixture. Serve immediately or cover and chill for up to 12 hours.