Italian Pasta Salad
- 4 ounces dried whole wheat rotini pasta, dried whole grain penne pasta, or dried bow tie pasta (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup fresh sugar snap peas (4 ounces), trimmed
- 1/2 cup chopped red sweet pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil
- 1/4/cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons pitted ripe olives, quartered
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding the sugar snap peas for the last 1 minute of cooking. Drain well. Rinse well with cold water; drain again. In a large bowl, combine pasta mixture, sweet pepper, parmesan cheese, basil, and olives. Set aside.
- For dressing, in a screw-top jar, combine red wine vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cover and shake well. Pour dressing over pasta and vegetables; toss gently to combine. Makes 6 (1/2-cup) servings.