- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large red onion (9 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch-thick rings
- 2 small yellow summer squash (8 ounces each), trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 2 small zucchini (8 ounces each), trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 8 ounces trimmed fresh asparagus spears
- 1 -2 tablespoons snipped fresh thyme
- 1 -2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- Cook quinoa according to package directions and keep warm. For vinaigrette, in a screw-top jar combine vinegar, oil, garlic, crushed red pepper, salt, and black pepper. Cover and shake well to combine; set aside.
- Spread cut vegetables in a single layer on a large baking pan. Brush evenly with 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette. If desired, cover grill grate with foil before adding vegetables. For a charcoal or gas grill, grill vegetables in a single layer on the rack of a covered grill directly over medium heat 10 to 12 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning once halfway through grilling time.
- Transfer grilled vegetables to a clean cutting board; cut up. Add thyme and parsley to the remaining vinaigrette; shake well. In a large bowl combine cut-up vegetables, cooked quinoa, and herb-vinaigrette mixture.