- 6 ears freshly shucked corn
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 Roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped, or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, or to taste
- ½ lime squeezed
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 avocado, skin and pit removed, sliced into smaller pieces
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat; lightly oil the grate.
- Cook the corn on the preheated grill, turning occasionally, until the corn is tender and specks of black appear, about 10 minutes; set aside until just cool enough to handle. Slice the kernels from the cob and place into a bowl.
- Combine the warm corn kernels with the red pepper, diced tomato, onion, avocado, cilantro, lime juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper; toss until evenly mixed. Set aside for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend before serving.