Gluten Free Sugar Free Biscotti
- Butter or oil for greasing pan
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups almond meal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar substitute like stevia
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Cover a 10x15-inch baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat and lightly grease with butter or oil.
- Mix stick of butter, almond meal, baking powder, salt, and sugar substitute together in a large mixing bowl. Beat until fully combined—it should glom together.
- Add eggs and both extracts and beat until well combined. The batter will be fairly stiff.
- Let batter sit for 5 minutes or so; the almond meal will absorb some of the remaining liquid. It should form a soft, but workable dough.
- Turn the dough onto the baking sheet and form it into a rectangle about 1/2- to 3/4 inch high, 5 inches wide, and 14 inches long.
- Bake until very lightly browned on top, about 22 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and turn the oven down to 325 F. Let the cookies cool for 5 to 10 minutes, then cut into slices about 3/4 inch wide. Lay the slices on their sides, and return to the oven for about 15 minutes, until the sides are lightly browned.
- You can leave the biscotti as is (making each biscotti 2 servings) or cut them in half. Cool completely before serving or storing in an airtight container.
|Servings: 36 (1 biscotti each)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Total Carbohydrate 3g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|Total Sugars 0g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet.2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|