Coconut Lime Shrimp
The citrus and coconut marinade give this shrimp skewer recipe lots of flavor and a refreshing kick.
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 can (14 oz.) coconut milk
- 2 pounds large shrimp (26 to 30 per lb.), peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Fresh lime wedges for squeezing
- 1/2 cup toasted, sweetened shredded coconut
- In a medium bowl, combine ginger, garlic, cayenne pepper, lime zest and juice, and coconut milk. Add shrimp, tossing to coat, and chill, covered, at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- Meanwhile, soak skewers in water. Prepare a grill for high heat (450° to 550° Push 2 or 3 shrimp onto each skewer in a "C" shape (through each end); cook, turning once, until flesh has just turned pink and is slightly charred, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Arrange skewers on a serving platter and sprinkle evenly with salt, a squeeze of lime juice, and coconut. Serve with extra lime wedges on the side.