- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup bittersweet chocolate chips or chunks, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Coat the paper with cooking spray.
- Combine confectioners' sugar, cocoa powder and salt in a medium bowl. Beat egg whites in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add vanilla. Fold in the cocoa powder mixture with a rubber spatula until combined. Fold in chocolate chips (or chunks).
- Drop the batter by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie. Bake, one sheet at a time, until the cookies are just beginning to crack on top, 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool slightly on the pan before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.