Braised Herb Chicken
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound boneless, skinless, chicken thighs
2 cloves garlic
2 cups fat-free, reduced sodium chicken broth
3 large carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
12 ounces fingerling potatoes, cut in half
- In a small bowl, combine the rosemary, thyme, oregano, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Heat the oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sauté for 3 minutes per side.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the potatoes and carrots around the chicken in the pan. Pour the herb mixture over the chicken and potatoes.
- Add the chicken broth to the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer; cover and cook for 30-35 minutes.