- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 fresh jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise, stems, seeds, and membranes removed
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2.In a medium bowl, cream together cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, and garlic powder. In a small bowl, beat together eggs and milk. In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, paprika, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
3.Spread 1 tablespoon of cheese mixture into middle of each jalapeno half. One at a time, dip in egg mixture, then dredge in bread crumbs, pressing to coat. Place peppers on prepared baking sheet.
4.Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden.